Networker

Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error

2008-04-28 10:53:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] 1 Server keeps getting this error
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:48:47 +0300
The usual answer I get when I have 'RPC error' is check NICs and make sure there are no errors on them and that your duplex setting is fixed (full on *BOTH* sides. *DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SET FULL-DUPLEX ON THE SERVER ONLY, AS THIS IS A GREAT WAY OF CREATING A DUPLEX MISMATCH*).

Terveen, Frank wrote:
Dear Legato Guru's

I have been having trouble backing up 1 W2K3 Sp1 server in our ste

We use Legato 7.1.2, all servers are Windows 2000 or 2003
DNS is working fine for this server but still the server gives the
following msg in the savegroup completion mail:

dwh02:All 1 retry attempted
* dwh02:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send
* dwh02:All savefs: cannot retrieve client resources
  savefs afmdwh02: failed.

I hope you can help with this

met vriendelijke groeten, / With kind regards, Frank Terveen

Disclaimer:
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de website http://www.afm.nl. If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20 7972000 Additional information is available on the website http://www.afm.nl.

-- Yaron.