Networker

Re: [Networker] recommendations for networker server upgrade

2008-04-26 18:27:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] recommendations for networker server upgrade
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:25:29 -0400
For Sun T1/T2 processors, the better tool instead of top is corestat
(available at http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/overview/cooltools.jsp)
and mpstat. Running both it's easy to see if a process is bottlenecked at a
single core or scales with the coolthreads.

I'd love to see what a fully loaded T5240 box could do. With 2 x T2+
processors and 128 threads of execution, it would seem ideal for legato.