Networker

Re: [Networker] Error backing up SYSTEM STATE.

2008-04-23 04:12:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error backing up SYSTEM STATE.
From: Birk Bohne <birk.bohne AT BATCHWORKS DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:52:26 +0200
Hi Wanhyo,

last week i had the same error. The Client (W2K3 SP1, NW 7.2.2) runs without
problems over several months. A week ago the backup of this client fails with
the "SYSTEM STATE:\ save: RPC error: Server can't decode arguments" error.
Manual backups on the next day and the scheduled backup next night showed the
same error. After a reboot of the machine everything is ok and we have no
errors since one week. The Eventlog shows no system errors and the errors in
the application log are from a different application.

Greetings.
Birk