Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO drives and NetWorker 7.3.x

2008-04-16 10:27:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO drives and NetWorker 7.3.x
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:20:50 -0400
On 4/16/08 10:06 AM, Greggs, Dana wrote:
Frank,

As already stated the commands are the same on Windows as Linux, my
output if from a Windows 2003 Networker Server.
My drives in this case are scsi attached LTO2 drives in a FC attached
Library. I can give you the output from FC attached drives in a FC
attached Library if you wish.

I would be interested if the output of the cdi_get_status indicates anything other than DRIVE_STATUS_NEED_INIT after you have done the mt -f <device> offline. However, as my LTO4's are FC attached, I doubt you'll see any difference.

cdi_get_status -f \\.\tape0

CDI_GET_STATUS returns:
DRIVE_STATUS_NEED_INIT
Sense key = 02, ASC = 04 ASCQ = 02

Perfect!  Your LTO2 drives have the same defect my LTO4's do :-)

P.S. After taking it offline all you have to do to put it back online
is:

mt -f <tape device> online

Sweet! On linux, the "online" operation doesn't exist, but "load" does the same thing!

Thank you so very much for doing this for me.

Frank