Networker

[Networker] nsrjb script to deposit volumes

2008-04-14 12:09:11
Subject: [Networker] nsrjb script to deposit volumes
From: Bruce Breidall <bruce.breidall AT CONCUR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:04:57 -0400
Is it possible to deposit a volume, relable the volume to the SCRATCH
pool, and set the recycle mode automatically?

I am experiminting with nsrjb to provide a script the operators can run
when they put DR tapes coming back into the access port. We use barcodes
on a L700 sun (STK) silo, and I have to make this as automated as possible.

I was hoping that someone in this fine community might already have a
script to do this, that they might offer. Seems to me that it would be
something line nsrjb -d -N, with some type of logic to understand the
slot/barcode picked by the deposit so the volume can be relabeled and set
to recycle.

Many thanks in advance.