Networker

Re: [Networker] need to change clone id expiration date

2008-04-13 17:47:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] need to change clone id expiration date
From: "Landwehr, Jerome" <jlandweh AT HARRIS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:40:48 -0400
I'm surprised more people don't realize EMC's huge omission that you
can't have a different retention times for clones and originals!

This makes it pretty painful to do any cloning without manually removing
volumes or original savesets

With newer versions, you can set unique browse times for clones of a
saveset FWIW

cheers
Jerry