Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file read-only device dismounting itself

2008-03-27 21:52:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file read-only device dismounting itself
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT SIS.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:50:23 +1000
Hey Lee,

We have been seeing this problem for a while now (running 7.3.x on
windows) although it has in the past been happening a lot more often
than every few months ... at the moment its probably once a week ... for
a while it was several RO devices a day ...

we have a case logged with EMC at moment and are waiting on a debug
binary for NSRD for our version of NetWorker ... we-ve been providing
them with various debug logs, but the problem has been a little hard to
pin down ...

in the mean time I have a script that runs every half hour that
re-mounts any RO devices that have unmounted ... it's a dos batch file
... but it would be fairly trivial to convert it to a Unix script ...

its listed below, and it probably overly complex, but it provides
reporting on status before and after re-mount attempts ...

@echo off

set UNIX=c:\Tools\unix\usr\local\wbin

set EMC=n:\Legato\nsr\bin

set SCRIPT=D:\Scripts\NSR

set [email protected]

del %temp%\AFDMonitor.out 2>&1 >nul

del %temp%\AFDMonitor2.out 2>&1 >nul

rem this line will remove the quotes from around the output ... this
isnt really necessary at the moment

rem %UNIX%\echo show name;volume name\nprint type:NSR Device;media type:
adv_file;read only: Yes | %EMC%\nsradmin -i - | %UNIX%\gawk
"{name=$2;getline;if ($3==\";\") {print name};getline}" | %UNIX%\sed
"s/\\\\/\\/g" | %UNIX%\sed  "s/;//g" | gawk -F\" -F\" "{print $2}"
>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.out

%UNIX%\echo show name;volume name\nprint type:NSR Device;media type:
adv_file;read only: Yes | %EMC%\nsradmin -i - | %UNIX%\gawk
"{name=$2;getline;if ($3==\";\") {print name};getline}" | %UNIX%\sed
"s/\\\\/\\/g" | %UNIX%\sed  "s/;//g" >%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.out

if NOT "%1" == "NOMOUNT" (

      for /F "usebackq" %%i in (`type %temp%\AFDMonitor.out`) do nsrmm
-m -f %%i 2>&1 >>%temp%\AFDMonitor2.out

)

set lines=0

type %temp%\AFDMonitor.out | %UNIX%\wc -l >%temp%\AFDMonitor3.out

for /F "usebackq" %%i in (`type %temp%\AFDMonitor3.out`) do set
lines=%%i

del %temp%\AFDMonitor3.out

if NOT "%1" == "NOMOUNT" (

      del %TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo. >%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo %date% - %time% >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo. >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      set heading=Unmounted Devices

) else (

      set heading=POST Check - Unmounted Devices

)

if /I %lines% GTR 0 (

      echo %heading% >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo -----------------------------------
>>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      type %TEMP%\AFDMonitor.out >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo.

      if NOT "%1" == "NOMOUNT" (

            echo. >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

            echo Result of Mount Attempt >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

            echo -----------------------------------
>>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

            type %TEMP%\AFDMonitor2.out >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

            echo. >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

            call %SCRIPT%\AFDMountMonitor.bat NOMOUNT

            blat %TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out -to %MailTo% -s
"AFDMountMonitor" 2>&1 >nul

      )

) else (

      echo %heading% >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

>>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

      echo No AFD's unmounted >>%TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out

)

if NOT "%1" == "NOMOUNT" (

      type %TEMP%\AFDMonitor.mail.out >>%SCRIPT%\AFDMountMonitor.log

)

Mat.