Networker

[Networker] X4500 performance

2008-03-25 19:24:57
Subject: [Networker] X4500 performance
From: Brett Monroe <mr.bmonroe AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:19:39 -0700
Hey all,

We are looking at maybe getting a X4500 as a storage node and I am
wondering what your observations have been on performance reading and
writing to and from the internal disks.  For those of you using
X4500s, what has your peak and sustained reads and writes per second
(from iostat) been?  Also, are any of you using Sun's PCI-X based 10
Gbps Ethernet card?  What sort of bandwidth are you seeing with it.

Thanks
--Brett