Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up to CIFS, NFS

2008-03-20 13:13:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up to CIFS, NFS
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:03:49 -0400
Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply.  According to the NetWorker documentation, CIFS file
shares should be mounted via UNC mount point.  Would mounting them that way
affect the issue you saw: "CIFS on the other hand can be a problem as they only
seem to be mounted by Windows for an active login session and are not normally
permanently available . . ."?

Thanks
tl