Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume Name <unlabeled> after jukebox upgrade

2008-03-20 08:11:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume Name <unlabeled> after jukebox upgrade
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:05:47 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
03/19/2008 05:29:40 PM:

> ALWAYS flip the "write-protect" tab when doing a recover. :) (I didn't
once
> and only once.)

Good tip.

> Also, is the tape still in the media database?
> /usr/sbin/mminfo -a -q 'barcode=x' -r 'volume'

What would you need to do if it wasn't? I have a number of tapes I need to
read back in, that are older and well beyond their retention period. If I
was still using BackupExec, I would "catalog" the tape, so I could choose
which files on that specific tape I want to restore. This is the first
time I would be doing this with Networker. Do I do a "scanner" command? Or
is it "mmrecover"? I am confused.

Thanks

> On Wednesday 19 March 2008, David Burgett wrote:
> > We have recently upgraded to a jukebox using LTO-4 media from a
jukebox
> > using LTO-2 media.  We are trying to recover some files now on the
LTO-2
> > media in the new jukebox and the volume names are showing up as
> > <unlabeled>.  I have already ran the nsrjb -IIvvv command, and still
> > nothing.  I know that if I label the tape, then it will erase all save
> > sets and would, in effect, render it worthless to me.
> >
> > Has anyone out there had to deal with this issue after an upgrade? Any
> > and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu
> > and
type