Networker

Re: [Networker] Determine how long a job ran for ?

2008-03-18 20:08:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Determine how long a job ran for ?
From: Keith Roy <Keith.Roy AT FAIRCHILDSEMI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:05:47 -0400
Roger,

We have savegroup notifications mailed to us which gives us the start and
end times of group runs as can be seen below.  This is setup in
Networker's "Configuration" / "Notifications" section.  Look for the
"Savegroup Completion" name and configure an action to send mail to
yourself and you will get these notifications.   If this is not what you
were looking for, please provide more information.

NetWorker savegroup: (notice) nodes completed, Total 37 client(s), 17
Succeeded with warning(s), 20 Succeeded. Please see group completion
details for more information.

Start time:   Tue Mar 18 00:10:00 2008
End time:     Tue Mar 18 16:52:38 2008

--- Successful Save Sets ---

Keith

---

Roger Penrose <lotro.sub01 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT listserv.temple DOT edu>
03/18/2008 07:48 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT listserv.temple DOT edu>; Please respond
Roger Penrose <lotro.sub01 AT GMAIL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT listserv.temple DOT edu
cc

Subject
[Networker] Determine how long a job ran for ?

It's not at all obvious to me how to get the server to tell me how long a
particular job ran for.

I can determine the start time of backup operation from the logs, or
mminfo
with -r "savetime(16)" as one of the parameters (MUST be (16), anything
less
and you don't see the start hours and minutes!)
BUT, I cannot see at all where the END TIME of an operation is stored.

It seems fairly reasonable to think that I should get some notification by
the server of when a particular job finishes. Ideally, the exact time to
the
second that a job started, and the exact time to the second that it ended.
If anyone can tell me how/where to find that it would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Roger.

type