Networker

Re: [Networker] Automate device creation / deletion ?

2008-03-09 20:28:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automate device creation / deletion ?
From: Brendan Sandes <brendannetworker AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:22:55 +1100
HI Roger.

One of the things I have done in the past if I want to delete a jukebox is
an nsradmin scripts something similar to the following

. type: nsr device;parent jukebox: <jb name>
update comment: deleteme

. type: nsr jukebox;name: <jb name>
delete

. type: nsr jukebox;name: <jb name>
delete

. type: nsr device; comment: deleteme
delete

Obviously you want to check you have it's all correct before running it.
I'm doing this from memory so there could be mistakes.

You have to delete the jukebox twice as networker will request you to
confirm it.

I mainly use this strategy in a VTL environment where I keep having to add
devices to storage nodes and therefore delete devices and recreate the
jukebox.

If they aren't jukebox devices, you also have the option of using media type
e.g. . media type: LTO Ultrium.  Beyond that, I'm not too sure whether

Cheers!
Brendan