Networker

Re: [Networker] automated staging failing to delete on-disk saveset clones

2008-02-28 16:09:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] automated staging failing to delete on-disk saveset clones
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:05:54 +0200
Vincent Lin wrote:
Steve,

I've seen a similar issue on 7.2.2 build 494 on RHEL3 AS Update 7/8 32bits,
also in a D2D2T environment.
'Delete save set operation already in progress" during staging, render the
media database useless.
Coincidently we use the same workaround to get out of it.

There is a very high chance of re-producing this issue when you meet the
following requirements concurrently.

- a background script deleting a whole series of tape labels using nsrmm -dy
- a few running nsrstage processes doing delete save set operation
- a running index and bootstrap savegoup backup in the mean time

If you can avoid doing these three tasks simultaneously, might help a bit.

PS Still waiting for EMC to get to the bottom of it.

Same here. The answer I got from my vendor (GlassHouse) was that the problem is fixed with 7.3 and there will be no fix for 7.2.

VL

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

-- Yaron.