Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker for Windows

2008-02-27 10:35:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker for Windows
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:32:05 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
02/27/2008 10:00:05 AM:

> Yes but someone did tell me that you can get the binaries from an older
> release and it would work. I have NMC up but the datazone that my NMC is
> defined to right now is down. I am trying to create disk drives on the
> server running 7.4.1 and I am getting permission issues.
>
> From the NMC when I connect to the datazone in question and then try and
> create a adv_file device I get PERMISSION DENIED, user SYSTEM on
> livpwnmc01.aig.com does not have Configure networker privligies to
> create the resource.

I would add the user "SYSTEM, host=livpwnmc01.aig.com to the
ADMINISTRATORS users group.

I had to do that so my NMC on my Network Edition can access the 4 Business
Edition NetWorker servers we have in my organization.