Networker

[Networker] Force automatic recycle of expired tapes?

2008-02-26 08:59:27
Subject: [Networker] Force automatic recycle of expired tapes?
From: Phil Myers <PMyers2 AT CONEMAUGH DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:44:11 -0500
Hi.

We have NW 7.3.2 and a Dell 6000 jukebox.  Auto media management is
checked in the props for the juke, but tapes are not automatically
recycling when they reach their expiration dates.  I was told by a NW
guru that these tapes may contain backups for clients that have been
deleted, and NW won't recycle these as a precaution.  Is there a way to
force recycling on these tapes?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Phil Myers
Network Administrator