Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?

2008-02-25 15:46:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:43:13 -0600
Hello,
Look into Timer Values for the Jukebox, there may be adjustments that can
be made if you are reaching that value. I am hopeful, that you can keep
the Auto Media M on with the new values.
HTH

"Cox, Shawn" <Shawn.Cox AT pcca DOT com>
02/25/2008 02:38 PM

"'Fazil.Saiyed AT anixter DOT com'" <Fazil.Saiyed AT anixter DOT com>, EMC
NetWorker
discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
cc
"NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU" <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Subject
RE: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?

It's not an error per se.  It's just that for some reason manually working
with media via the device when Auto Media Management is on gives this
message.  I seem to recall that I can work with the device by giving it a
longer period of time(like 90-120 seconds) between issued commands when
AMM is on.  But in my case I pre label tapes for certain backups and so in
order to speed up the process I temporarily disable AMM.  It's a little
disheartening to hear that this issue is still present in v7.4 though...

--S