Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?

2008-02-25 14:10:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:07:17 -0600
Hello,
If no backup job or other activity on the server, you can try and restart
networker services and try again, also is this the first time you are
seeing this error, does the pool have correct devices allocated ?
Have you updated any drivers recently ?
What does monitor tab log say about the operations  pending ? in the NMC.
Have you tried cmd line re-lable with extra vv to generate any relevant
error ?
HTH

MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/25/2008 12:45 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] Tape drive says "monitoring"?

I have a Win2003 server, running NW 7.4 SP1, with a single LTO-4 tape
drive. NW is showing the drive as "monitoring". My backup job won't run,
claiming that I need to label a different tape (I got the dread "too many
open files in system", for which no one has ever seemed to find an answer
for). Problem is, I can't seem to re-label the current tape, as it says
that it is "monitoring", whatever that means. And I have no other spares
at that site, since the order for more tapes doesn't come in until later
this week.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM