Networker

[Networker] Adv_File Device not staging data off

2008-02-22 10:35:03
Subject: [Networker] Adv_File Device not staging data off
From: Nigel Nee <nigel.nee AT ARGONST DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:21:36 -0500
All,

We have two linux clients that are in a cluster. They are taking snapshots which takes about 40hrs to complete because they run through two FSCKs. They write their data to the ADV_file device. From that point we want the adv_file device once it hits a certain point to stage it's data off to tape. We have 3 other ADV_file devices and we have zero issues with them as far as staging issues.

With the one ADV_file device however it will grab volumes labeled for that pool, and write 0.1% of data then ask for another tape., IT will continue to do this with all tapes that are labeled with that particular label in this case from test purposes Snappool Test.

The adv_file device has a 1tb amount of space that it can hold. Currently it has 23gb of data on it. The volume labeled Snappool Test is an lto3 tape which is 400/800gb that it can hold.

Does anyone have any ideas?

We are currently running Networker 7.3.3.
All storage nodes are running same version of software along with our NW Server (w2003).

I have done the following thus far as this has been an ongoing problem for weeks.

I can MANUALLY stage off the data via cmd and do some save sets at a time.
I deleted the staging policy.  Then created a new one with new name.
I deleted the label template and also the media pool and created new ones with new names.

Again this is the only ADV_file device that does this. Our exchange and linux adv_devices all work and stage with zero issues.

Thanks much!
-Nigel N
nigel.nee AT argonst DOT com