Networker

Re: [Networker] inquire cannot see tape devices but Solaris OS can

2008-02-21 13:47:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] inquire cannot see tape devices but Solaris OS can
From: "CHAUSSOY, Matthieu" <Matthieu.CHAUSSOY AT NEUFCEGETEL DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:43:49 +0100
 Try to see if there is a reservation on the rmt device

I had the problem once (NDMP did not released correctly some drives after
problems) and to solve it, we used :
+ mt -f /dev/rmt/1cbn forcereserve
+ mt -f /dev/rmt/1cbn release

You could also find more information with /usr/sbin/cdi_* commands like :
cdi_inq
cdi_get_status ...

You also have cdi_release or cdi_reserve (cf man ...)

Cordialement,
Matthieu Chaussoy
neuf cegetel