Networker

[Networker] What level is a differential backup?

2008-02-20 15:03:20
Subject: [Networker] What level is a differential backup?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:59:38 -0500
Backup levels are confusing me. Here's what I want - Full backup on Fri,
differential on Mon - Thu. I use the standard definition of a differential
- any file that has changed since the last FULL backup.

On my schedule, the full is easy enough. But the description of
"incremental" - "Backs up files that have changed since the last backup,
regardless of level. " sounds a lot like differential. Or is differential
a level 1 - "A level 1 backup backs up all files that have changed since
the most recent full backup (considered a level zero).". This sounds
exactly like a differential to me. :-)

So do a do a FULL on Fri, and a level 1 on Mon - Thu? Or is it
incremental?

Confusedly yours
Mike
--