Networker

Re: [Networker] the invisible media database

2008-02-18 06:50:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] the invisible media database
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:44:55 -0000
Try running an nsrim -X.  This will crosscheck the media db against the
indexes.  This should show an immediate change (if it's going to do anything)
without taking down NetWorker.  Otherwise, shut down and cd to the
/nsr/mm/mmvolume6 directory and delete all clients, ss and vol files apart from
the .0 versions and restart.

However, I still wouldn't expect this situation to be occurring.  If there's
still no joy, can you try running mminfo -D9 -vvv -avot -c <small client> and
posting the results?  If you're doing this on Unix, can you truss the process?
An lsof (freeware, downloadable) against the nsrmmdbd process wouldn't go amiss
either.  On Windows, get a hold of handle and process monitor from
www.sysinternals.com and check whether the media db has its files open, and
filter a run of mminfo using procmon.

Cheers,

Stuart.