Networker

[Networker] VSS Client on Networker server and exchange

2008-02-17 19:35:13
Subject: [Networker] VSS Client on Networker server and exchange
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:30:08 +1100
Hi all,

This probably has a very obvious answer but I can't seem to find it in any of the manuals I've looked at (Networker 7.4.1 installation/admin guide and VSS client install and admin guide).

If I have a Networker 7.4.1 server on Windows 2003 (32 bit) and I want to use VSS to back itself up - how can I do it? If I install Networker server first then try to install the VSS client it says to uninstall the server first.

But if I install the VSS client first, then try to install the server it says to uninstall the VSS client.

Is it just not possible?

Thanks,

Nick

--