Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query

2008-02-07 14:05:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:01:00 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Confused about mminfo query, MIchael Leone said...:

So I have this storage node, and we run a script every day, to delete
savesets that have already been cloned to tape. We write to disk
(adv_file), and then clone from there. While we prefer to keep 2 days
worth of backups on the disk, I have one storage node that doesn't have
enuough disk space, so on this node, I have to clear out the disk space,
after it's been cloned to tape. So I use:

SET machine=machine
SET tapevol=NWServer.023.RO
mminfo -r "ssid,cloneid,savetime" -q
"client=%machine%,volume=%tapevol%,copies>1"

And I get back:

396861745   1202168111 2/4/2008
4104799284  1202340915 2/6/2008
4088022108  1202340955 2/6/2008

(side question - I want to see the date and time - in 24 hr format - that
the save set was created. What should I use, instead of "savetime", to
show that?)

You need to specify how wide the field should be for savetime, via
something like "savetime(21)".  The (NN) method works for most fields
that I've tried, which can be useful for some reports.

Main question: when I run:

mminfo -r "ssid,cloneid,savetime" -q "client=%machine%,volume=%tapevol%"

I get the same results. How is that possible?

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't think it would be, but I'm not that
familiar with AFTDs.  I would try adding more fields to the report
(especially copies,client,volume) and see if that points out any obvious
issues.  I'm suspicious it has something to do with the volume part of
the query, but that's only a guess.  Adding more to the report may
turn up where things are going awry.

It's not unheard of for mminfo to have bugs, especially as the queries
become more complicated or start to use rarely used attributes, but I
wouldn't guess that would be the case here.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)