Networker

Re: [Networker] How to reinstall and backup at the same time a Linux machine?

2008-02-07 13:08:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to reinstall and backup at the same time a Linux machine?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:59:22 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] How to reinstall and backup at the same time a...:

We have a Linux client named 'machine1' (IP 10.10.10.10) declared in our Legato server. The backups are running perfectly for it.

We are in the process of upgrade the hardware of this machine to a new
one. We have installed the new machine, we have named it 'machine1' (at
the OS level, hostname, etc.) and installed Legato client. The new
machine is connected to the network using a different IP 10.10.10.20.

At the DNS level we have created a new name 'new_machine1' and assigned
it the IP address 10.10.10.20.

In the Legato server we have added the new machine 'new_machine1' as we would like to have backups while the installation process but ... we can't. As we try to do a backup we get the following error:

* new_machine1:/ 1 retry attempted
* new_machine1:/ 39078:save: File index error: permission denied, `root' on `new_machine1' must have remote access privilege to client machine1.

In the client configuration for new_machine1 within NetWorker, change the
"Backup command" to

        save -c new_machine1

PS: Legato Server and client are 7.4.1. Server is Windows 2003 R2. Client is OpenSuse Linux 10.3.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        Tim.Mooney AT ndsu DOT edu
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)