Networker

Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database

2008-02-06 11:57:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:53:13 -0500
On Feb 6, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Law, Steve [UK] wrote:

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your response. I do have scanner documented, it's just a drag
to use. I can use "scanner -i servername" but will have to 'manually'
load each tape in turn, and they take hours. But if that's the only
way...

However when I try to mount one of these old tapes in a drive so I can
run Scanner, it refuses to load. Networker says "Will not be loaded
since pool "Unknown Pool" is not available. Presumably the pool no
longer exists. How might I find what it was so I can recreate it?

Before you cleared away those old savesets, did you back them up via "savegrp -O"? If so, then all you need to do is

nsrck -L7 -t time client_name

and replace "time" with the date when you did that backup and replace "client_name" with the name of the client who's metadata you wish to recover. This should be a lot easier than scanning back in the data.