Networker

Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database

2008-02-06 11:41:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database
From: "Law, Steve [UK]" <Steve.Law AT CGI-EUROPE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:39:50 -0000
Hi Stan,

Thanks for your response. I do have scanner documented, it's just a drag
to use. I can use "scanner -i servername" but will have to 'manually'
load each tape in turn, and they take hours. But if that's the only
way...

However when I try to mount one of these old tapes in a drive so I can
run Scanner, it refuses to load. Networker says "Will not be loaded
since pool "Unknown Pool" is not available. Presumably the pool no
longer exists. How might I find what it was so I can recreate it?

Thanks,

Steve Law
Server Analyst
(WIntel - MSLPS)