Networker

Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database

2008-02-06 11:29:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reincorporating old tape set into Networker media database
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:26:09 -0500
On Feb 6, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Law, Steve [UK] wrote:

Hi,

We use Legato Networker 7.1.3 on Win2003 in an amateur fashion for our
backups.

Last weekend we had a problem where we ran out disk space on the d:
drive where Legato is installed. We fixed the problem by deleting loads
of old volumes & their file indexes, freeing up about 8gb. But now,
surprise surprise, someone wants a restore from Dec 2006.

Just use the scanner command to scan back in the relevant media/cfi data from the tape in question, then you can recover the data in the normal way.

The Administrators Guide explains how scanner works, so I suggest you consult it for specific details.