Networker

Re: [Networker] recommendation to backup 1.5 million small files?

2008-02-04 13:06:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] recommendation to backup 1.5 million small files?
From: "Green, Lisa" <Lisa.Green AT CLARK.WA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:57:20 -0800
SnapImage is still supported and being used.  I am using it on some of
my GIS and imaging systems that all have over 1.5 million files (one has
over 5 million files) and it works great.  It took my regular backup
time for one server at over 32 hours for a full backup to a little over
10 hours.  It made enormous difference!  There are some issues that need
to be considered though like the need for a RAW partition for the cache
and that the restores are done a little differently but nothing that is
a show stopper in my opinion.  I would get the manuals on their
SnapImage product and read up on it to see if it will work for you.

Lisa Green, MCSE
Sr. Windows System Administrator
Clark County
Vancouver, WA
360-397-6121, ext 4543 - 1:00pm to 5:00pm
360-487-7682 - 8:00am to noon.
360-759-6530 - Fax