Networker

Re: [Networker] Migration

2008-02-01 16:24:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migration
From: "Schwartz, Don" <dschwart AT NRCAN.GC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:17:23 -0500
The UGLY PLAN is working for me - and I'm on a 1 year retention. Just turn the
old system off until it's needed. Then turn the new one off and start up the
old for a restore. I'm told that as long as they're not both online
simultaneously, there should be no licensing issue. If they're on at the same
time, one will get disabled. Seven months and counting, I've only had to do
this once.

Don Schwartz
Technical Support Analyst / Analyste technique de soutien
Telephone / Téléphone : (403) 292-7060
Fax / Télécopieur : (403) 292-5377
Email / Courriel :dschwart AT NRCan-RNCan.gc DOT ca

Shared Services Office / Bureau des services partagés
Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada
3303-33 St NW Calgary, Alberta T2L2A7
Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada