Networker

Re: [Networker] How to get a 40-slot Autochanger license to work for a 42 slot library?

2008-02-01 10:32:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to get a 40-slot Autochanger license to work for a 42 slot library?
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:25:28 +0000
Hi George
I have an M1800 working with a 40 slot licence (upgraded from a 32).

On the library itself, the number of slots is set to 40.
This hasn't stopped me using a cleaning cartridge in one of the fixed slots
though.
I just load a cleaning cartridge in one of the fixed slots with a cleaning
label bar code and I'm sure it used that as and when it needed to.

>From what you say it sounds like you need to go into nsradmin and change the
>physical slots from '1, 42' to '1, 40'.
A 40 slot licence won't work if you have physical slots set to 42.

As an aside - on the advice of Quantum (which surprised me) - I've now switched
to handling the cleaning with Networker which means I use one of my 40 slots
for the cleaning tape.
Personally I prefer it this way as you can see at a glance how many uses it has
left.

Cheeers... Allan.