Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC refresh issues on Networker 7.4

2008-02-01 07:17:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC refresh issues on Networker 7.4
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:07:57 +0000
Also, we have experienced an intermittent fault where restarting a group causes ALL savesets to re-run and not just the failed ones.
Hi Jo,
You may find that this second point is a *feature*, not a bug.
The folk at EMC introduced a new configuration option on groups at version 7.3 "Restart Window". From what I've worked out, this is the number of hours after the execution time of the group that the re-start information will be thrown away. If you try a re-start prior to "restart window" hours since the group was executed it'll work as it should. If you try a re-start BEYOND "restart window" hours, then the necessary information will have been lost, so Networker will run everything at today's backup level - as if you had just run a "start" on the group.

This might not have been a problem, except that they defaulted the setting to 12 hours. We've upped this on all of our groups to match "Interval" (mostly 24 hours, with some 3 hour groups for DB log files), so the data won't get lost until the start of the next run.

HTH?
From
Will

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk