Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning/migrating from AFTD with multiple clones - first clone gets removed from DB

2008-01-31 14:56:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning/migrating from AFTD with multiple clones - first clone gets removed from DB
From: Eric Poulin <eric.poulin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:53:00 -0500
Hello Brian,

I believe you are speaking of "nsrstage" instead of "nsrclone".

Your problem is simple. nsrstage will stage successfully the saveset you
will mention, but if there is multiple instances of this same ssid, all of
them will be deleted from the media database. Networker, after the staging
process, run something similar to nsrmm -d -S 1234566 to erase the
saveset... If you run this manually against an existing saveset, all copies
of it will go away...

How can you deal with this? By using the combination of ssid/cloneid. Run
simply a script like this:

mminfo -av -q"volume=dbo1.001,savetime<=5 days ago" -r"ssid,cloneid" -xc/ >
staging.txt

This will give you and output like this in the file

ssid/cloneid
12345676/12341234

nsrclone, nsrstage and nsrmm understand this as well: -S 123456/12341234

Now you can simply run an nsrstage against this file and it will work just
fine...

nsrstage -v -b"Destination Pool" -m -S -F staging.txt

But it will generate an error on the first entry because nsrstage can't
parse ssid/cloneid words written at the beginning of the file. A simple FOR
loop skipping the first line or the use different tools to mangle the file
will make it right.

Then, run nsrtage -v -C -V dbo1.001 at the end of your script to ensure the
DBO will be cleaned up.

Hope it helps!

Eric Poulin