Networker

Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting

2008-01-29 15:30:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Top-posting and quoting
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:25:55 -0500
I just think this is old-guard new-guard.  I don't want to pick on you,
Michael, but I need to use your message as an example of why I don't
like bottom posting.  (I love ya' man.  Go Eagles!)

With bottom-posted responses, I'm forced to scroll through a bunch of
stuff I've already read (and am not going to read again) to find with my
eyes where the carats stop.  If I was reading through a blackberry or
something like that, what gets downloaded by default will be the
worthless carated lines, and I'll have to hit <more all> to get the
rest, and wait while it downloads.

I'm back to this: It's a personal choice and I like top posting better
-- except for detailed discussions where I have to respond to multiple
posts.  Even then, I trim everything except just the text I'm responding
to so that people don't have to scan/download a bunch of text to see
what I'm saying.

This topic is WAY off topic for this list.  I suggest we just end it
here and agree to disagree.  Let's talk instead on whether the NetWorker
server should run on Unix or Windows. <KIDDING!>

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies