Networker

[Networker] NetWorker FAQ entries that need YOU

2008-01-24 18:39:51
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker FAQ entries that need YOU
From: Curtis Preston <cpreston AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:34:16 -0500
I did get a few volunteers already, but there's a lot of work to do, so
I thought I'd send the list of FAQ entries that need updating to the
NetWorker list and see if anybody else wants to step up.

I've divided the entries into two groups.  The first group contains
answers that are either definitely wrong, need more info, or way out of
date (references to ftp.legato.com <ftp://ftp.legato.com/> , for
example.).  The second group are answers that just need to be reviewed
for accuracy against modern day stuff.

If any of these seem like entries that you might know something about,
please contact me.  I'll show you how to update the FAQ.

Definitely wrong, needs more, or out of date:

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:NetWorker_Drive_Sharing

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/What_abo
ut_index_corruption%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/What_abo
ut_moving_just_one_client%27s_indices_to_another%2C_or_merging_two_serve
r%27s_media_indices%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:NetWorker_resources

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/What_tra
ining_is_available_for_Legato%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Where_do
_I_look_for_answers_for_problems_with_Networker%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_do_I
_configure_DLT_7000_drives_with_NetWorker%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_does
_NetWorker_license_libraries%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Which_DL
T_tape_brand_is_best%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Why_are_
recovers_failing_with_the_ClientPak_for_Macintosh_with_NetWorker_6.x_as_
the_backup_server%3F

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/HP-UX_de
vice_names

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Using_NetWorker_with_Informix

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Using_NetWorker_with_MS_Exchange

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Using_NetWorker_with_MS_Windows_%2895/98/NT/2000/XP/2003%29

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_do_I
_change_the_name_of_a_client%3F

This one should be merged into the one above:

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_do_I
_rename_a_client_in_Networker_6.0.x%3F

I'd really like to see an entry here about how people are doing cloning
today:

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Questions_about_NetWorker_cloning

This is a VERY FREQUENT FAQ and this entry sucks

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/How_do_I
_backup_clients_on_the_other_side_of_a_firewall%3F

Shouldn't this one be combined with that one?

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Is_there
_is_a_way_to_backup_through_a_firewall_that_are_in_the_DMZ%3F

This should have some stuff on 7, 7.3, 7.4, etc

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Weirdnesses_unique_to_certain_NetWorker_versions

Review for accuracy:

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Common_NetWorker_error_messages

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:NetWorker_Directives_and_savepnpc

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Using_NetWorker_with_Microsoft_SQL_Server

http://www.backupcentral.com/components/com_mambowiki/index.php/Category
:Using_NetWorker_with_NetWare/Novell

---

W. Curtis Preston

Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com

VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies