Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning parallelism

2008-01-23 18:47:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning parallelism
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:42:27 -0800
>Jerome Landwehr said...
>
>in fact, cloning can't duplex, it actually un-muxes.  only one stream
is
>ever sent to a clone tape at a time

I keep seeing this stated but I don't believe it is true, if you
automatically clone everything after a backup to tape then the cloned
volumes have the same multiplexing that the original backup had. I don't
know about cloning from an AFD since I don't have any experience with
it.

If you clone by saveset then it will un-multiplex the clone.

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth<at>garmin.com

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation