Networker

[Networker] Recovering data from two different snodes?

2008-01-23 18:00:35
Subject: [Networker] Recovering data from two different snodes?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:53:55 -0500
How do you use nwrecover to recover data that's contained on media located on two different tape libraries, each
managed by a different snode?

We're running 7.2.2 with two snodes and one library each. I need to recover some data wherein it required tapes from both libraries. I launched a recover (nwrecover), and the first couple of tapes it needed were on snode1, but then when it gets to the point where it needs a tape on snode2, it reports that it's waiting for that tape on snode1. I know the tape is located on snode2. I thought it might give up after a while and switch to the other snode, but it
never does. This seems odd.

Each of the NSR client resources for both snodes has both snodes listed in the Storage nodes field (first itself, followed by the other snode). Ditto for the server. I don't have any of the devices selected for the given pool, so it should be able to use any of them. I tried changing the Save mount timeout and Save lockout to 2 and 1 respectively for the devices, and that doesn't seem to help. I then tried selecting the devices for snode2 for the pool, but it's still waiting for the next tape on snode1.

A Save set recover would be much more time consuming as I'd have to read through a lot more data to get what
I want.

How can I get this to work?

George

--
George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210