Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning parallelism

2008-01-23 12:14:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning parallelism
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:12:27 +0200
We use a 4Tb EMC AX150 LUN as a disk device and stage off that just to solve the parallelism issue (we do 28 sessions). This comes at the cost of lots of staging.

EAlbert wrote:
After a little whining about single processor programming, some
recommendations from friends (/Wave Hi Stan/Conrad) I have a key word for
you guys...

T2000

I am not a sales guy for anyone, but the T2000 + single processor
programming = ZOOOOM (kind of like the Mazda commercial <insert singing:
zoom-zoom-zoom...>

As far as your backup times...

Turn the parallelism way up... You can process more than you think; but I
recommend you experiment with a lab before live data.

Also, when parallelism goes up your backup time goes waaay down, but your
restore time goes waaay up...
My boss doesn't usually care how long backups take as long as they do not
interfere with production... My boss will squeal like a stuck pig when our
customers start complaining how long their critical restore takes... So pick
your poison carefully...

/signed

NtwrkrSerf