Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications

2008-01-21 13:26:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NetWorker notifications
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:22:29 -0500
On Jan 21, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Werth, Dave wrote:

Stan,

I don't have the answer but a couple of thoughts.  First, have you
checked the various log files to see if there might be a clue in there?
Second, perhaps try replacing the sendmail command in the notification
with a script of some sort that preserves everything to try and diagnose
the problem.

BTW, on my Solaris system (Solaris 7) there is /var/log/syslog that has
a bunch of sendmail messages.

Dave;

These are good ideas. The /nsr/logs/messages file shows the contents of what should be savegroup messages, but they were never mailed out. I checked /var/log/syslog and it shows outgoing email activity, but I can't tell what for. There are numerous clients that have the notification field configured to send out emails to individuals, so I suspect the activity I am seeing is coming from those messages.

I am going to try changing the savegroup notification to append the results to a file and see if that does anything.

Thanks for your ideas.