Networker

Re: [Networker] backup dmz-client through a firewall

2008-01-16 11:31:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup dmz-client through a firewall
From: "Greggs, Dana" <c-dgreggs AT STATE.PA DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:27:52 -0500
Networker doesn't initiate all communication. It makes an RPC call to
the client and tells the client to send its data. The client then
initiates connections to Networker on the ports Networker assigns to it.
Ports have to be opened for the Backup to be successful. I backup
Servers separated from their Backup Server by a Firewall(s) and when the
ports are closed zip happens.

Thanks,

Dana