Networker

[Networker] "The feature is not properly enabled for client"

2008-01-15 06:23:27
Subject: [Networker] "The feature is not properly enabled for client"
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:20:55 -0800
brano wrote:
> Hi,
> It seams that we have same issue with Linux/Unix Oracle module license. Is
> there any progress in this problem? We are running NetWorker 7.2.1. How can I
> find out version of Networker Oracle Module? Where can I find "legato bugs
> database"?

The 'bugs database' is the KnowledgeBase within Powerlink:
http://powerlink.emc.com/  (Use IE to login, may need to call EMC if you don't
have a login - you should unless your support contract is via another group
like Sun).

I'm still using 7.1.3 myself (stable with our existing setup), so cannot
comment directly on the history of the case itself.  However, pulling up the
case referenced by Matt Huff showed the following:

Powerlink wrote:

> Fix: Run the following command on the NetWorker Server to verify the license
> name.
>
> nsrcap -nvvv -u (enabler_code)
>
> Sample output:
>
> name: NetWorker Module for Oracle, UNIX Client/1 (2154)
>
> enabler code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (2143#010164975)
>
> license type: D35
>
> If the name lists a value other than "2154" then the user should obtain new
> license keys from the licensing department.
>
> If the name is correct, and if the NetWorker Server was upgraded, try cycling
> the services/daemons on the CLIENT and then try the backup again.
>
> It may also be necessary to upgrade the NetWorker Module for Oracle to
> version 4.2.x or higher.
>
> Known issue: LGTpa74005 and LGTpa72977 Contact LEGATO Software (EMC Software
> Group).

--TSK