Networker

Re: [Networker] Anyone installed 7.4SP1 on Windows yet?

2008-01-09 12:57:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Anyone installed 7.4SP1 on Windows yet?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:49:16 -0500
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
01/09/2008 11:44:28 AM:

> We have had ongoing stability issues, and when we went to 7.4.1 to try
> and resolve them, the system would not even initialize. Support was

That's the kind of stuff I am afraid of ...

> able to go through and clean up our install, but they were still not
> comfortable with the new release. They have only just begun to dig
> through it.
>
> Because of our issues, they felt, as do we, that it made sense to
> limit the variables.
>
> Since the reinstall, our problems have been eliminated.

I don't have a test server I can install SP1 on, certainly not anything
with tape hardware attached. I suppose I could try the 7.4 client on a
test system. BUt I am really leery about 7.4SP1 on the server.

Especially since no one else says they are using SP1 on a Win2003
NetWorker server ...