Networker

[Networker] Such a long time to recover a save set ?

2008-01-09 08:42:01
Subject: [Networker] Such a long time to recover a save set ?
From: Daniel Clar <Daniel.Clar AT SUPELEC DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 14:37:00 +0100
Hello,

On one of my Unix clients, a disk crashed this morning.

I've put a new disk, initialized the filesystem on it, issued a nwadmin command
on the server and a nwrecover command on the client.

On the Unix server side, I see in the Sessions part client_name:root browsing
and in the Messages part
time client_name root:browsing.

2 processes are running on the server

pathname/nsrindexd -a READ client_name index for backup on client_name
pathname/ansrd client_name:root recovering

On the client, I choose the file set, then click on start, accept prompting and
it displays the needed tapes. The first 2 ones are available. I click on OK. The
Recover Status window opens and after 2 hours nothing appears.

The 2 processes times have not changed on the server and no specific process is
running on the client.

Is there a problem somewhere ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,