Networker

[Networker] Tape showing in drive but it isn't

2007-12-31 15:05:31
Subject: [Networker] Tape showing in drive but it isn't
From: mgolden <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:04:08 -0800
We're using 7.3.3 (Windows x86, unfortunately) and every once in a while I will
see this happen.  In the GUI Monitoring - Devices tab it shows a tape loaded
into the drive.  In the Devices button is shows the drive as empty.  I can't
load a tape in the drive without getting the error:

error message: "Device `\\\\.\\Tape1' is not available.";

But I can't unload it either because it doesn't think anything is there.  I
can't disable the drive since it gives the error:

"Cannot change enabled status to disabled on a mounted volume"

"nsrjb -IE" does not resolve this either.  The only way I've found to fix this
is to cycle the networker services.

Any ideas?