Networker

[Networker] little directives puzzle

2007-12-31 10:23:27
Subject: [Networker] little directives puzzle
From: Sebastian Schönwetter <seb AT OPEN2 DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:27:34 +0100
For those who like puzzles :

I have 2 environments Windows + Unix (OSX), where people are constantly working
on photo and video material. As this is a fast moving environment, with data
storage requirements that are always changing it is quite common for my users
to connect or move around Firewire/USB storage equipment or eSATA storage.

When a project is finalized, I would like to have all users move the final
material into the "Final" directory of their respective drives, and manually
run a group which will gather the "Final" directories from all machines and all
drives and store them on a dedicated tape.

For windows I was thinking of creating the directive as follows

<< "C:\">
+skip:*
<< "C:\Final">
forget
<< "D:\">
+skip:*
<< "D:\Final"\
forget

and so on. As there are only 24 drive letters it is not so hard.

On the OSX/Unix side it is more difficult, as the mountpoints are not
predefined. I was thinking of something

<< / >>
+skip:*
<< Final >>
forget

or

<< .*Final.* >>
forget

Anybody have an idea on how to best do this ?

Thanks,
seb