Networker

Re: [Networker] MSSQL Module in MS Cluster Active/Active

2007-12-21 05:58:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] MSSQL Module in MS Cluster Active/Active
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:51:59 +0000
This has nothing to do with active/active nor active/passive.
I suspect your SQL backups to be registered to the node name of the
physical server where the sql server was running on at backup time.

It should be registered using cluster group alias.
(edit networker client config and look at nsrsqlsv.exe backup
command to add -a <cluster group alias>)

To recover, you should recover connecting to cluster group alias.

HTH

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********  HEWLETT - PACKARD SPRL/BVBA
 *******    h      *******  Hermeslaan, 1a
 ******    h        ******  B-1831 Diegem
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****  BELGIUM
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****  Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
 ******      p      ******  Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
 *******    p      *******  Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 290.15.49
 *********       *********  Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                                  Internet  : http://www.hp.com/
      I  N  V  E  N  T

      Enterprise number 0402.220.594  RPM/RPR Brussels

Winners don't do different things, ... they do just things differently!