Networker

Re: [Networker] daemon.raw

2007-12-18 09:17:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] daemon.raw
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:14:42 +0000
Stan Horwitz wrote:
On Dec 18, 2007, at 8:26 AM, Vernon Harris wrote:

Can anyone tell me where the daemon.log file went and
if its gone away, how do you decipher the daemon.raw
file.

I assume you are using NetWorker 7.4. The daemon.log file went away in 7.4 and was replaced by daemon.raw which is in a format that allows for support of multiple languages. To view the contents of the daemon.raw file, use a utility called nsr_render_log. What I usually do when I want to check that file is something along the lines of

  nsr_render_log -B -20 /nsr/logs/daemon.raw

Details on nsr_render_log are available in the man pages and I think in the Administrator Guide, as well as the Command Reference.

Stan is correct, but if you just want to bring the daemon.log back you can do it with the following command:

        echo "print type: NSR log;
                    name: daemon.raw
        update runtime rendered log: /nsr/logs/daemon.log" \