Networker

Re: [Networker] tapes suddenly being marked full when they are not...

2007-12-18 05:17:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] tapes suddenly being marked full when they are not...
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:12:18 +0000
What is allow firmware autolevel?
  What is the recommendation for CDI parameters on the tape drives?

  Have you seen the saveset status of "in-progress suspect" before. I cannot
change the status to suspect using the NMC. I am going to attempt to create a
list of savesets that have status of "in-progress suspect" and then delete
them. I estimate that i have 30 tapes with about 10 of these savesets so i hope
to run an mminfo command to produce a list of savesets with status of
"in-progress suspect".

  What is the mminfo command to get this list?
  Is nsrmm the command to delete savesets?

  thanks

Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM> wrote:
  Hello,
Sart with FC errors, server errors and verify whether or not Drives are
indeed being resquenced or not.
Does your Tape Library allow Firmware autolevel, are all Tape drivers
autoleved ?
Are all the Tape drive have same driver and are they loaded correctly,
does inquire and tapes cmd verify info.
Have the servers and Tape Lib rebooted after the Maintenance ?
Do you have any errors uncleared on Tape Lib ?
You might need to verify CDI parameter on the Tape Drives.
Could there be a bad port or cable ?
HTH