Networker

Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node

2007-12-17 11:44:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Install a remote Storage Node
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:38:55 -0500
On Dec 17, 2007, at 10:14 AM, angelohl wrote:

I have two sites Site1 (Win2k3 that has NW Client, NW Storage Node, and NW Server installed on it) that has a tape library, and remote site - Site2 that only has a Storage Node (Win2k3 that has NW Client and NW Storage Node installed on it) that has it's own tape library that I'd like to be able to control from Site1. How do I install the remote Storage Node in Site2 to appear in Site1?

If the storage node software is already on Site2, then all you need to do is open up a command window and run

  jbconfig -s Site1

then provide appropriate responses to the prompts. If you are running the NetWorker console manager, you can probably do this via the devices section instead of using jbconfig. The specifics depend on your hardware and the version of NetWorker you're using. Note that the NetWorker software on both the server and storage node needs to be the same version.