Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux to Solaris migration (7.3.3) -> Solaris tuning?

2007-12-12 20:10:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux to Solaris migration (7.3.3) -> Solaris tuning?
From: Alan Rubin <Alan.Rubin AT NT.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:58:57 +0930
Thanks for the previous advice.  It seems we are stuck with maintaining a Linux
environment, at least for NMC.

We now have another problem following our migration.  We are running NW 7.3.3
(Build 510) on Solaris 10 08/07 on a Sun T2000.  The new problem is an RPC error
that is encountered when we try to do staging:

ansrd: ansrd_clone FAILED: errnum is 25004 and errstr is RPC receive operation
failed.  A network connection could not be established with the host.

We've fiddled with the tcp_max_conn_req* settings as mentioned in the 7.3.2
tuning guide (couldn't find a guide for the 7.3.3 release), but it hasn't seemed
to made a difference even after resetting the NSR service.  Has anyone
encountered problems like this?  Are there any other general tuning tips for
Solaris 10?

Regards,

Alan Rubin
Technician Unix