Networker

Re: [Networker] Determine if a media drive is in use

2007-12-07 09:26:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Determine if a media drive is in use
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 08:17:12 -0600
Hello,
Thanks all, i do not have unix environment and need something for windows,
i got partial script as follows.
mminfo -a -r "volume,location,state" -q [email protected]  i get a list
of Expired tapes, however, i want to make sure the tapes were written 10
days ago and i want to mark them recyclable.
Thanks

Rebecca Alexander <rjalexander AT BALDOR DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/05/2007 01:48 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Rebecca Alexander <rjalexander AT BALDOR DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] Determine if a media drive is in use

Hmmm.  I'll have to look at that.  What I'm doing is just using mminfo to
check tapes eligible to be recycled then passing that info to nsrjb to get
all information I need to label the tape.

It looks like to me that nsradmin is interactive - I need a way to find
that
information through an email.

BTW - here is the snippet that does the query:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:16:43 -0600, Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT

wrote:

mminfo -a -r "volume,location,state" | grep STKL700e.*"E "$ | grep STKL700

awk '{print $1}' | xargs nsrjb

>I would be interested in the script that looks for tape written over 10
>days ago and then marks them recyclable.

type